1.05.2006

Dog meditation

I do this sometimes. No, really. It usually coincides with the event called the Pile. Meditation happens when the male human listens to music. He lies on his back with his eyes closed and his arms folded across his chest. He looks like he's about to levitate any minute, but he calls it "vegetating." Vegetate, meditate, it's all the same. We get into the relaxation zone. Heart rate slows, breathing becomes deep and even. It's something like pretending to sleep.

Other times I meditate alone. The best time is when the human goddess shuts the front door of the bedroom but forgets to shut the back one. I sneak onto the big bed and stretch out on the blankets with my feet up and my eyes closed. After a while I get into a trancelike state. It's relaxing. But if I hear someone at the door, I go from 0 to 60 in less than 2 seconds. Battle cry! Bark!

And then there is ...yoga for dogs.

Labels: ,