9.20.2005

Chocolate-Chocolate-Chocolate!

Want chocolate. Need chocolate. Do you know how good it smells? No, of course you don't; you're just a human with an inferior sense of smell. Imagine the way you chocolate smells to you, and then intensify that by 1000%.

In the morning She takes a cup of green tea and a bowl of cereal into the computer room, where she checks the news, reads email, and maybe updates her blog or argues with people in a forum. "Discusses," not argues...

OK, back to chocolate. When She finishes the tea and cereal, she gets some chocolate from a secret stash. I'm sure I would never turn down a Hershey Kiss or a Snickers, but this chocolate is different. It smells so pure and dark, you'd think it had no sugar or emulsifiers. It must be really special because she won't touch anything "under 70%."

I used to beg for some of this chocolate, but no matter how cute or pathetic I act, I'm not allowed to have any. This doesn't make sense to me-- why some foods and not others? She lets my sister and me have some scrambled eggs or small pieces of fruit, but never chocolate.

So now, instead of begging for chocolate, I just get wistful around it. And when She goes to the kitchen to rinse the tea cup and the cereal bowl, I zip over to the computer room and check the floor. Once in a while I find a tiny flake of chocolate there.

Labels: